Sortie is a comprehensive layer sorting script made for After Effects.
Here’s a demonstration video of it in action.
Some main features Sortie provides:
- Sort layers based on criteria such as: position, opacity, distance from a point, name, in point etc…
- Randomize and reverse layer order.
- Group selected layers or perform sort operations in place.
- Case sensitive option for Layer Name and Layer Source sort methods.
- Compact, native panel like design. Intent on being constantly docked in your interface for quick access.
Sortie is part of a collection of scripts made to address Adobe’s neglect of improving core functionality of After Effects.
You can get it at aescripts.com/sortie.